Top Pinterest Marketing Tips
Never underestimate the power of a well developed Pinterest marketing plan. From the creation of Pinterest photos and graphics, through to the pin description and use of hashtags, there are plenty of ways to grow your following.
As a search engine (although everyone calls it social media) Pinterest continues to grow in strength. With beautifully created visuals and thought our Pinterest marketing plan, your business too can take advantage of everything it has on offer.
Making Pinterest Marketing Work for Your Business
It will come as no surprise that pins which are well presented, contain sufficient information and are created for a specific target audience do well on Pinterest. As a highly visual platform, a quick search will provide you with hundreds, possibly thousands of images related to your query. Utilising such a powerful in-built search engine to your business’ advantage is therefore highly beneficial.
To help build your business a highly successful Pinterest marketing strategy, we’ve put a few of our top tips together for you:
- be consistent in your pin creation – like blogs on your website, you should be adding new pins to your boards regularly. Continuing to grow your pin collection will help to increase the number of followers and views your pins receive.
- use hashtags – hashtags are used in searches to find specific trending topics. Make sure you add relevant hashtags to each of your pins.
- brand your images – be sure to add a watermarked logo to each image you post on Pinterest. Remember to also use the same colours, fonts and tone of voice as your brand too.
- well written descriptions matter – a pin description will show up in people’s feeds, and it is one of the things they use when deciding if it is relevant to them. Including your keywords and a call to action in your description sentences is recommended.
- create pins for your audience – if can be tempting to design a range of pins to make them appealing to a wider audience, but don’t. Keep your target audience in mind when creating pins.
- use strong images and videos – in such a visual platform, your images and videos must be eyecatching to get noticed.
- add text overlay – your pins need to contain the right amount of text overlay to help your audience understand what they are about.
- use the right size – be sure to follow Pinterest’s guidelines when it comes to the best size for pins and video length as these can change.
- think seasonally – as a visual platform, people use Pinterest well before a seasonal event. Plan your Pinterest marketing strategy to add seasonal pins four to six weeks ahead of the event.