Table of Contents
With 2023 in full swing, one thing is clear: video marketing has become a critical tool for businesses. Especially when you team it with email marketing. An impressive 85% of marketers now incorporate video into their strategies. This reflects a significant shift in how we reach and engage with our audience.
Love2Video is a business that gets this. Nicola Kane helps small businesses use video to connect with clients.
Using video content and email marketing is the new norm for engaging clients.
This helps to create sales. Video content is getting more popular on social media. But why is video content so big now? And how can it help your business?
Let’s look at three reasons:
- Videos Help to Build Trust: Videos are a great way to talk to your audience. They show the human side of your business. This makes your audience feel cared for. For example, imagine you own a bakery. You could share secret recipe tips in a video. This would make your audience feel closer to you. This builds trust.
- Videos Keep People on Your Website: People spend 50% longer on websites with videos. If you put videos on your homepage, it keeps visitors on your site. It also shows off your products. This can lead to more sales.
- Videos Grab Attention: Videos stand out on social media. Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube play videos automatically. This, along with great visuals, grabs the attention of users.
Recent studies show the significant impact video marketing has on both conversion rates and user engagement.
According to a report by HubSpot, incorporating a video on a landing page can boost the conversion rate by up to 80%. The same report also found that 95% of viewers are more likely to remember a call to action after watching a video, compared to just 10% when reading it in text format.
Similarly, a survey conducted by Wyzowl indicates that people spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. Social Media Today has also reported that social videos generate 1200% more shares than text and image content combined.
These statistics highlight the undeniable power of video marketing in driving user engagement and improving conversion rates.
Make your videos stand out
Here are some tips to help you create videos that stand out:
- Use Great Visuals: If your business is visual, like travel, use high-quality photos or video clips. Changing visuals every 10-20 seconds keeps your audience watching.
- Tell Stories: Stories keep your audience interested. They remember stories more than facts!
- Teach Something Fun: “Edutainment” is a new video trend. It means teaching in an entertaining way. If you teach your audience something new, they will see your expertise.
Using Video Streaming to Build a Community
Video streaming lets you talk to your audience in real-time. This helps you to build a community. It also lets you answer questions right away. Here are some benefits:
- Cheap: Video streaming costs less than in-person events. You can still deliver great content but at a lower cost.
- Happy, Informed Clients: You can answer questions right away. This helps to keep clients happy and informed.
- More Brand Visibility: Video streaming lets you talk to people all over the world. This helps more people see your brand.
Streamyard is a popular platform for video streaming. It lets you stream live on many social media platforms at once. You can start with a free version and upgrade later. If you do upgrade, here’s a link for a US$10 discount.
Use Email Marketing for Engaging Clients
Once you have great video content, you want to share it with your audience. That’s where email marketing comes in.
Email marketing sends your content straight to your audience’s inbox. You can tailor your video content to different audience groups. This helps to increase engagement and conversion rates. Plus, emails with video content have shown to get more clicks.
Creating an Engaging Video from Start to Finish
Pre-production: Start by brainstorming and planning your video’s concept. Define your target audience, the message you want to convey, and the action you want viewers to take after watching your video. Then, draft a storyboard and script to map out your video.
Production: This is the shooting phase. Ensure you have the right equipment – a good camera, microphones for clear audio, and proper lighting. Remember to follow your script and storyboard, but also be open to spontaneous moments that add a touch of authenticity.
Post-production: Now it’s time to edit your video. Use editing software to cut, arrange, and polish your footage. Add in graphics, music, and voiceovers if needed. Always review your video several times to ensure it aligns with your initial goal and speaks to your target audience effectively.
Thumbnail and Title: Create a captivating title and thumbnail for your video. These two elements often determine whether someone clicks on your video or scrolls past it.
Distributing Your Video with Email Marketing
Create a Distribution List: Start by identifying who in your database would be most interested in your video content. Segment your audience to ensure your content is reaching the right people.
Craft an Engaging Email: Write a subject line that grabs attention. In the body of the email, provide some context for the video and encourage your subscribers to watch it. It’s best to embed the video directly in the email for easy viewing.
Call to Action: Don’t forget to include a clear call to action (CTA). Whether you want viewers to share the video, visit your website, or check out a product, make sure it’s clear what they should do next.
Track Results: Use email marketing tools to track open rates, click-through rates, and conversions. This data will give you insights into what’s working and what can be improved for future video content.
Creating engaging videos and distributing them via email marketing is a step-by-step process that requires planning, execution, and review.
Be patient, be persistent, and you’ll soon see the impact on your engagement and conversion rates.
In the digital age, business owners need to not just reach their audience. They need to connect with them. Video content and email marketing can help you do this. You can meet your audience where they are and deliver value to them.
- Embrace video content.
- Use live streaming.
- Push your content straight to your audience through email marketing.
Adapt to their needs and wants. Make a lasting impact with your content. Start your video content journey and connect with your audience like never before.